Final Audio Project

For my Audition project, I chose to conduct interviews to turn into an advertisement. I chose to use the same topic I have been using for my last two projects, the Future Cougars Embracing Diversity event. Future Cougars Embracing Diversity or FCED is a recruitment event held by WSU On-Campus Recruitment. It is geared towards high school seniors and potential college transfer students who are in an underrepresented population. This could be based on their ethnicity, income, or status as a first generation student. These prospective students are bused to Pullman from their Washington hometown and experience a night in Pullman. They stay in one of our nicest hotels and spend time learning and meeting people over two days. They also receive a $1000 tuition waiver if they ultimately attend WSU.

 

Future Cougars Embracing Diversity is one of the most exciting events for our Cougar Connectors, our student ambassadors at WSU. They help lead the program and spend time with the event attendees all weekend. For my Audition project, I decided to interview some of the Cougar Connectors so that they could explain what Future Cougars Embracing Diversity is all about and why people should choose to attend. All of the students gave me permission to use their voices. In order to get usable sound bites from the Cougar Connectors, I asked them to answer three questions and just continuously recorded the conversation. The questions I asked where: “What is FCED?”, “Why should people attend FCED?”, and “Were you involved in FCED last year?”. I uploaded all of the recordings to Audition and began cutting them down using the razor tool.

 

I had to cut large parts of the conversations because we were interviewing in the Telecounseling Center, which is our call-center for all WSU Admissions and Recruitment calls, and certain calls were much louder than others. I picked parts of each of the three students’ interviews that I thought would make the event sound interesting and exciting. I chose to use the interviews to create an advertisement for Future Cougars Embracing Diversity that showcased all of the great things about the event.

 

In my final edit of the audio story, I added music to the intro, conclusion, and transitions between clips. I found my song “Corporate Motivational – (CREATIVE COMMONS) – Royalty Free Music | Upbeat Positive Happy Background” from Sound Cloud by searching Creative Commons music. I increased the volume of my interviewees and decreased the music volume. I also added in transitions by fading in and out the music before and after and between clips. I largely left the students’ clips the same, because I couldn’t cut out filler words without making the track sound choppy. It sounds authentic and like the students are addressing high school students, which the mission entails.

 

Credits:

Sound Cloud: Corporate Motivational – (CREATIVE COMMONS) – Royalty Free Music | Upbeat Positive Happy Background

Three anonymous Cougar Connectors at WSU

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Pegging angel laurie

Perri audrey dazy